It is requested to students conductors come with the complete equipment of several (minimum two) pieces for orchestra of choice (orchestration “homemade” or orchestration of publishers). Attention orchestral training is evolving every year, it is appropriate to provide equipment that is adaptable.
The work is a mixture of workshops, group lessons, individual work and orchestra rehearsals.
A sample day (The day’s program is suitable and available nightly depending on the evolution of the labor day, students are divided into groups that can be modified according to the evolution of trainees):
- 8:30 / 9:30: Roundtable (analysis and balance sheet management work done the day before, prepare the work and objectives
of the day …)
- 9:30 / 10:45: basic workshops (gestural, harmony, orchestration, music history, organology or analysis)
- 10:45 / 11:45: Joint Workshop (choir, orchestra)
- 14H / 16H: basic workshops in groups (gestural applied with an instrumental ensemble, basic gestural, harmony, orchestration, analysis, or personal work)
- 4:30 p.m. / 6:30 p.m.: Additional workshops(teaching, musical culture, psychology ..)
- 8:30 p.m. / 11 pm : orchestra rehearsal. Every evening trainees lead the orchestra which consists of all participants (training of 20 to 30 people, according to the inscriptions) in order to direct application of the preparation work for the day.